Friday, May 29, 2020

Bellbird Park - part 2


The Baw Baw Shire has produced a draft plan for the upgrade of Bellbird Park, both east and west of Settlement Rd.

Click to enlarge - The proposed planned upgrade for Bellbird Park
East of Settlement Rd, where the soccer and hockey fields are, there are proposals to provide a new multi-use pavilion and social rooms in a location to yet to be determined – options are provided.

This small but valuable bush reserve, Bellbird Park east, will be vulnerable under one of the proposed options in the upgrade
West of Settlement Rd, where the sports stadium and the oval are, there are proposals to establish well defined walking tracks, some with boardwalks, bird viewing platforms and to revegetate some areas with indigenous species, among other recommendations.

Bellbird Park lake and bush will have viewing platforms, boardwalks, interpretive signs, etc

The draft plan is available for viewing in full on the shire’s website, where the public is invited to provide feedback – LINK

Friends of Drouin’s Trees respectfully encourages all residents of our town who respect its environmental assets and appreciates their benefits, to visit the link and provide the shire with their feedback.

Red-browed Finches and Superb Fairy-wrens are easily spotted at Bellbird Park west

A Letter to The Wrens …

Dear little blue-capped daddy wren,
So dear to me is your trust,
Daily you show me your loveliness,
So, write of you I must.

Gay is your plumage and gaily you dance,
Your tall tail all aflutter,
Skipping around to gather the crumbs
I leave from my bread and butter.

Now comes your lady in neat brown dress,
Dainty and sweet as a queen.
I watch her awhile and away goes my heart,
As she runs to me over the green.

Dear little Mr and Mrs wren,
You stole my heart from me,
But you kindled a lamp
That will light my way,
Through the mists of eternity.
-        Will Rumble, Bushland Thoughts, circa 1950.

(Will Rumble was the owner of the farmland that is now Bellbird Park)

No comments:

Post a Comment